Beauty, Inside Out
We know that the perfect foundation or runway-ready mascara will improve our looks every time, but how can we get that elusive show-stopping glow sans makeup? It’s all about looking inside. Our appearance is greatly dictated by what is happening inside the body. Everything from how our nails and hair grow, to how our skin looks and feels. However, being healthier doesn’t have to mean overhauling your entire lifestyle. Sometimes all it takes is a few simple changes.
Some things that I do to look and feel my best are:
- Drink a green smoothie every day.
Some benefits from drinking a green smoothie a day:
- Natural energy booster to keep a little pep in your step in the morning (and during those afternoon slumps).
- Natural weight loss can be a happy side effect of gulping these in place of a typical breakfast (just make sure to include healthy fats and protein to make it a more complete meal).
- Stay healthy all-year-long. Simple way to boost your immune system when you’re feeling under the weather.
- Packed with disease-fighting antioxidants. The phytonutrients in leafy greens boost your body’s immune system and keep it functioning properly.
- Hands down— The best fast food. It takes less than 5 minutes to make a green smoothie (and clean up!) and they’re super easy to take on the go– especially when you prep ahead.
- Drink half my body weight of water in ounces a day.
Drinking water is so imperative for staying healthy, energized, and even losing weight. Hunger is often disguised as thirst. Water boosts your metabolism, and it is the best energy drink available.
Water keeps your body running—it helps regulate your body temperature, keeps your joints cushioned, protects your spinal cord and other sensitive tissues, and gets rid of waste through sweating, etc. There are so many reasons to hydrate on the regular.
- Workout Regimen
My Oh My, I’ve been struggling with this one. Now that the new year has approached and with this whole natural movement I’m on, I feel determined and ready for a lifestyle change. For the first time ever I’m starting to run and take it seriously. I’m running 4-5 times a week, early morning and super proud of myself. (I’m so not a morning person. I thank the Lord for this new found strength to get up at 4:45AM to jog/run!)
I’m learning that exercising early leaves time for other priorities I might have in the afternoon. Working on my blog? Watching ratchet tv? Catching up with friends? Shopping? Conversing with bae? Or maybe just time to do absolutely nothing! And not feel guilty about it! (lol)
The best part about working out in the morning is it’s a great incentive to watch what you eat for the rest of your day and to make healthier choices! No one wants to feel guilty the rest of the day after such a good morning jog/run.
To tone and build muscle. I decided to do Bodypump. Will Bodypump sculpt, tone, and strengthen my entire body? If I do it 2-3 times a week consistently, my research and experience tells me that it will. Is it a cure-all? I believe like everything else you’ll get out of it what you put into it. Combine Bodypump with a balanced diet and hopefully I see great results. Combine it with cardio and good nutrition and I should get better results. For a time efficient, full body, resistance training workout, that’s intense enough to sustain an elevated heart rate, I can’t do much better than a Bodypump class.
I’ll be sure to keep you guys posted! Also feel free to comment with suggestions or with what has worked for you!